How to Plan a wedding ?
Here’s a post from our wedding planner Miss. Ruchita giving her insights how to make preparation for up coming wedding event.
A wedding checklist is essential to every wedding to ensure that no detail has been missed and that things are going the way they are supposed to. The checklist usually has several timelines and the timeframes usually vary as the wedding date approaches.
In India, Specially in place like Mumbai where finding an idle venues is a task one should the planning procedure atleast a year ahead
A Year to Nine Months Before:
Work out your budget. Determine how much you have to spend, based on your families’ contributions and your own.
Reserve your date and venues. Decide whether to have separate locations for the ceremony and the reception, factoring in travel time between the two places.
- Venue (for engagement, Tilak, ladies Sangeet, wedding and Reception)
Four Months Before:
- Place an order for wedding invitation cards according to your preferences.
- Meet caterers. If your wedding venue doesn’t offer its own catering service, look for one now and hire the service this month or early next.
- Photographers ,Videographers
- Music band
- Henna artist
- Hair Stylist
- Accommodation (hotel/guest house/resort/) for outstation guests accordingly
- Wedding band (For barat)
- Place an order to the wedding boutique for making and designing engagement wedding and reception attires and trousseau.
- Start composing a day-of timeline. Draw up a schedule of the event and slot in each component (the cake-cutting, the first dance/Sangeet , mehendi/nika).
Book Master of ceremony or priest as per wedding
- Designing wedding theme
- Finalize the menu and Decoration theme
- Filled an application for registering the marriage in the registry office.
- Shopping for wedding gifts.
- Send invitations to all the guests along with a map to help them in finding the venue.
- Book Transportation Vehicles as well Vanity vans if necessary
- Send your event schedule to the vendors. Giving them a first draft now allows ample time for tweaks and feedback.
- Do the booking Honeymoon , Necessary arrangements for your Passports (optional)
1 Months Before wedding
- Get in touch with all your vendors
- Confirm final guest list.
- Finalize shopping for wedding day.
- Book security personals
- Plan wedding hall layout and seating arrangements with your venue manager
- Get your hair cut and colored, if desired
One week before the wedding
- Reconfirm arrival times with vendors.
- Delegate small wedding-day tasks. Choose someone to bustle your dress, someone to carry your things, someone to be in charge of gifts (especially the enveloped sort), someone to hand out tips, and someone to be the point person for each vendor.
- Pick up your dress. Or make arrangements for a delivery.
- Inform about timeline of events to your friends and closed guess.
- Check in one last time with the photographer. Supply him or her with a list of moments you want captured on film.
- Set aside checks for the vendors. And put tips in envelopes to be handed out at the event.
A day before the wedding
- Callup Beautification get a spa and final beauty treatment
On the wedding day
Ask Close by Friends and Relatives to Look out for
- Timely execution of all the events without any interruptions.
- Make sure that guests do not face any problem.
- Make sure that everything is running smoothly and in case of a mishap or any problem contact the event manager.
- Appoint three or four persons (preferably educated well mannered security Guards) and assign them following responsibilities:
- Make sure that bride and groom´s outfit, Jewellery, presents, all rented items and other items are safe.
- Lookout for suspicious people like freebies and thieves.
- Switch on generators during a power failure.
- Handle the entire security of the wedding
Apart this you have to take care about the payment made , to be made and deposits to be collected to see if there hidden cost.
It would be better option of you Hire SR event Planners as your wedding Planner so that you can cherish every moment of your wedding day and all the worrier will be taken care by us.
Incoming search terms:
- indian wedding checklist
- wedding shopping list for indian bride
- indian wedding planning checklist
- indian wedding planner checklist
- wedding checklist
- gujarati wedding planning checklist
- indian wedding shopping list
- indian marriage shopping list
- gujarati wedding checklist
- marriage shopping list